10 ways to embrace summer the hygge way –
- Pick some flowers, my house doesn’t feel like home without a few fresh flowers in it. For best results, collect cut flowers in the morning when their stems are fully turgid and avoid picking during warm and sunny conditions as the plants will be water-stressed.
- Visit a flower show. There are lots of flower shows around the UK at the moment with the RHS Chatsworth Flower Show in full swing this week.
- Get cosy on your patio with a warm rug and cushions and look at the stars or visit the sight Go Stargazing to find a stargazing event near you.
- Get your toes wet by visiting the seaside or lake near you.
- Go and watch the sun go down. According to Hallmark Hotels, some of the best places to go and see the sun go down are Bournemouth Pier, Bournemouth. …The O2,London. …The River Severn, Stourport. …River Mersey, Liverpool. …Beetham Tower, Manchester. …Ely Cathedral, Cambridge. …and Misty Island, Loch Lomond.
- Enjoy a picnic and with friends or toast marshmallows on a campfire, this is the time for making memories and enjoying the warmth.
- Watch a wedding at your local church. There’s nothing more exciting than watching the bride arrive then leaving with her groom after the service. Don’t forget your camera.
- Don’t take the car get some exercise instead by exploring your local area by bicycle, and embrace the fresh air and family fun.
- Enjoy some ice-cream. Look out for the ice-cream van or visit an ice-cream parlour.
- Go strawberry picking as late June is the best time to pick the best strawberries ready for making some delicious homemade jam.