We all love our coffee but why not use it in your home and outside for other uses as well as drinking it.
1. Mix ½ cup of used coffee grounds with 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil. Massage all over body while standing in the shower. Leave on for 10 minutes before showering. This mixture will exfoliate your skin and may also help to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
2. Pour used coffee grounds down the sink or bathtub drain, followed by 3 drops of dish soap and a pot of boiling water. This will clean and clear the drain of clogs and built up grease.
3. Mix a teaspoon of used coffee grounds into your facial mask. It will exfoliate the skin and the caffeine will smooth and tighten.
4. If you have a garden, used coffee grounds are great to use as a fertilisers. If you do not have an immediate need for fertilizer, you can compost your coffee grounds for later use.
5. Sprinkle used coffee grounds around plants to keep ants away.
6. Put used coffee grounds in a bowl in the freezer to remove funky odours.
7. Fleas are a common problem in household pets, and treating them can be costly and time-consuming. But fleas don’t like coffee so simply rub the grounds throughout your pet’s fur after shampooing. Then rinse them off and allow your pet to dry as usual.
8. After chopping fresh garlic, rub your hands with used coffee grounds to get the garlicky smell off your fingers.
9. You can use coffee grounds to scour your pots and pans. Their abrasive texture helps scrape away caked-on food.
10. Use coffee grounds to weigh down the ashes in your fireplace before cleaning. This makes for easier ash removal and less mess.