The coziest bistro tables that can also be used in the kitchen or dining room.
Miniforms Illo table
One of the new trends for the 2022 is the bistro table, which is placed within the domestic environment and used as a dining table but also for working in the home office.
Miniforms Gualtiero table
Round or square in shape, fixed or extendable and preferably made of wood in order to enhance the hygge aspect of these models that became famous in French bistros.
Miniforms Geronimo table
To create a more sophisticated ambience, you can play with the choice of finishes, opting for a marble or ceramic top. For example, in the first photo below, the Illo table by Miniforms is proposed with a top in Palladio Moro marble which creates a pleasant contrast between black and white. In the second one the Miniforms Briscola table is proposed with Palladio Doge…
Sustainable Lifestyle companies and there products are popping up throughout the UK now and you cannot help but want lots of products from them. Here are my pick of 5 great sites that have an abundance of products you can buy to make your lifestyle sustainable.
1.My Green Pod – My Green Pod have lots of products but also lots of information on everything sustainable with a weekly ethical news, offers, comps and a free digital mag (quarterly) which you can sign up for. My Green Pod Ltd is an independent, family-run UK business, founded by Katie Hill and Jarvis Smith. Their Hero products and services are the most effective and enjoyable alternatives to mainstream options that you can find. You can use them in your home and on your family. They’re also from companies that are working in co-creation with the planet – intentionally operating in harmony with nature and in service to the wellbeing of their customers. Every time you buy from My Green Pod’s Marketplace, they will plant a tree in the tropics (through charity partner TreeSisters) as their way of saying thank you for helping to change the path of the future.
2. Life Before Plastik – Another fabulous site with tons to choose from. They say that they want to educate as many people as we can about single-use plastic and the harm it’s doing to our planet. And, to create a mainstream online space where it’s simple and affordable to buy plastic-free alternatives for all of your needs. Life Before Plastik (LB4P) was created in 2018, as a UK based plastic free shop, working with over 50 different independent UK brands. The idea was the create a place where it’s easy to shop zero waste, where brands have been carefully selected, so they can be trusted to be sustainable Well, I don’t think you will have a problem finding anything you might like from this site. Life Before Plastik write an interesting blog (yes, even more interesting than mine :)) with articles on different subjects like ‘Seven Easy Steps to Save Energy & Money’, to an ‘Easy Vegan Pancake Recipe’, so you can end up spending quite a while on this site. Some of their new products which really caught my eye was the Lemon & Thyme Kitchen Cleaning Bar and their Bamboo Interdental Brushes (each to their own)!
3. Zero Way – They want to give back to the planet and say – We wanted to give back, so we make charitable donations from our profits to help fund environmental organisations. Together we can be more powerful in solving the world’s problems. They are a zero waste shop on a mission to unite brands that are eco-friendly, plastic free and sustainable to help make greener living more accessible to everyone. Their environmentally friendly and ethically sourced products range from household to beauty. Each one being carefully selected looking at everything from ingredients, materials, packaging to it’s end of life and they won’t cost the Earth. They sell food as well as lots of other products for the home and living. They have a great ‘Tough Love Clothes Stain Remover’ and their Eco Living Organic Makeup Remover Wipes and Wash Bag are brilliant. They can be washed over and over again.
We all love our coffee but why not use it in your home and outside for other uses as well as drinking it.
1. Mix ½ cup of used coffee grounds with 2 tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil. Massage all over body while standing in the shower. Leave on for 10 minutes before showering. This mixture will exfoliate your skin and may also help to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
2. Pour used coffee grounds down the sink or bathtub drain, followed by 3 drops of dish soap and a pot of boiling water. This will clean and clear the drain of clogs and built up grease.
3. Mix a teaspoon of used coffee grounds into your facial mask. It will exfoliate the skin and the caffeine will smooth and tighten.
4. If you have a garden, used coffee grounds are great to use as a fertilisers. If you do not have an immediate need for fertilizer, you can compost your coffee grounds for later use.
5. Sprinkle used coffee grounds around plants to keep ants away.
6. Put used coffee grounds in a bowl in the freezer to remove funky odours.
7. Fleas are a common problem in household pets, and treating them can be costly and time-consuming. But fleas don’t like coffee so simply rub the grounds throughout your pet’s fur after shampooing. Then rinse them off and allow your pet to dry as usual.
8. After chopping fresh garlic, rub your hands with used coffee grounds to get the garlicky smell off your fingers.
9. You can use coffee grounds to scour your pots and pans. Their abrasive texture helps scrape away caked-on food.
10. Use coffee grounds to weigh down the ashes in your fireplace before cleaning. This makes for easier ash removal and less mess.