It’s that time of year when we have warmer, longer lighter days. As we all know Hygge represents cosiness, comfort and happiness. Well, with a few tweaks here and there we can soon create Spring Hygge to our homes. Here are 5 ways to instantly create Spring Hygge to your homes.
- Spring Clean – this is something that can instantly make you feel better inside and out. Check out this post I have written on another blog on 10 Old Fashioned Household Cleaning Tips.
- Open those curtains, blinds and windows and replace with lighter fabrics to let as much light in as possible.
- Change your flowers/plants in the home. Add some Spring colours to your rooms.
- Change your candles to white to create a more summer atmosphere.
- Create your outdoor space into another indoor space so you can spend as much time outside as inside by adding your candles, rugs and blankets.
Creating the right lighting in a room gives it atmosphere, but putting the lighting in the wrong place can change a room dramatically. Here are some examples of how lighting can create a Hygge style atmosphere.
You couldn’t get anything more cosy than this picture which shows just how much candles can create such an atmospheric light.
I just love these set of three lights over the table which will simply send the light beaming down on your food but still keep the room looking cosy. Washing up in your kitchen can also be more enjoyable with the right lighting like the picture below.
By having just one simple big light like this one means it will still create a cosy room atmosphere but if you want to read something then you can sit directly underneath it and do not need further lighting in the room.
How cosy is this bathroom with the candles. No matter what lights you have in a bathroom the only lighting when you are having a relaxing bath has to be candles, real or false they will all give the same glow.
A simple light hung down like these two pictures is perfect to create a cosy ambiance in your bedroom. You can add a string of fairy lights over or near your bed like the picture below. But if you want a little bit more light but the darker the bedroom the cosier it will look.