Tranquil coastal views inspire the deep blue accent decor of this 120 square metre home design in Odessa, Ukraine, visualised by Estic design. Ocean blue accents, light wood and soft white prove soothing to the soul, whilst modern furniture builds clean and comfortable open plan living. Blue accent pillows pull in calming colour inspiration from…Coastal Home With Ocean Blue Accent Decor — Interior Design Ideas
It’s feeling colder by the day with winter well and truly set in at the moment so we feel in the mood for hot drinks by the fire and being wrapped up in blankets.
With so many of us spending time at home its important to make your home special with warmth and coziness like a Hygge or Lagom in your home. Here are ten great ways to create this atmosphere.
- Keep your ugg mini boots handy so you can keep your feet warm or that pair of thick socks someone bought you for Christmas.
- Find some fleece leggings or a thick pair of pyjama bottoms.
- Wear with an over sized cardigan you had your eye on in the sales or one you could borrow from your partner.
- Wrap that gorgeous throw around you to keep warm.
- Keep your twinkly lights going even though Christmas is over.
- Plan the films you are going to watch and have plenty of popcorn in to enjoy a movie night in.
- Pop dinner in your crockpot in the morning so it’s on all day and ready for the evening meal.
- Have a stack of magazines or books handy that you haven’t had time to read.
- Light your room with candle light.
- Get your diffuser sending out some relaxing essential oil smells.
At these times it is crucial for me to have hygge. Hygge time with family and friends, hygge moments with myself and a hyggelig home.
It’s small moments that money cannot buy you, finding the magic in the ordinary.’ Whether it’s listening to the rain with a cup of tea, or going on a long walk with a loved one, hygge can be harnessed all around us. We all know the feeling of hygge instinctively, but few of us ever manage to capture it for more than a moment.
Now Danish actress and hygge aficionado Marie Tourell Søderberg has travelled the length and breadth of her home country to create the perfect guide to cooking, decorating and enjoying yourself, inspired the hygge way.
It introduces you to Hygge with ideas, practices, steps and photographs and a guide to happy living which we could all do with a bit of that at the moment. It’s full of lovely photos and encouragement to introduce hygge into your life. Currently on offer on Amazon for £11.33 ( Hardback).
Cravings for comfort, for coziness, for contentment: everyone experiences the desire for a happier, less stressful, and more serene life.
Hygge, the Danish-born philosophy, is one proven way to achieve such a life. From the Old Norse for “well-being,” hygge embodies a philosophy that is as much a mindset as it is a way of life.
Specific activities are designed to encourage you to cultivate togetherness and joy at the smallest and simplest things in everyday life.
This book provides an in-depth explanation of the hygge lifestyle, as well as numerous bits of practical advice on how to practice hygge every day.
As you read this book, you will find the following, and much, much more!
- A thorough grounding in the Danish art of hygge, the lifestyle equivalent of embracing a hug from the inside out
- The eight ways to incorporate practical aspects of hygge into every part of your daily life, from hearth and home to food and crafts
- The four things you should know about nurturing happy and serene relationships with children, parents, partners, and friends
- Why living your life in a constant rush and stress – even if it feels materially lucrative – is not the path to ultimate happiness. Instead, engage with the simple things in life with gratitude and pleasure.
- How to achieve household harmony without sacrificing friends and self-care
- How to foster a sense of cozy happiness throughout the year, with simple ideas for each season and holiday
- How to do all the above, surrounded by family and friends – the hallmark of a happy life
- Learning to embrace the homemade and the found, creating thoughtful gifts and meaningful interactions in every aspect of your life
- How to do all the above in frugal, environmentally responsible – and undeniably entertaining – ways
- The fundamental understanding of where true happiness comes from and how you can embark on your journey to joy today!
- And much, much more!
Take a second to imagine how you’ll feel once you start practicing hygge, and how your family and friends will react when they start to experience the joys of a peaceful, cozy, happy life. Even if you feel that your life is too busy to slow down and enjoy all the benefits of hygge, you can certainly achieve a state of hyggelige with a little assistance from the tips and techniques offered throughout this book.
Beginning to practice hygge in your life simply requires a desire to create an atmosphere conducive to comfort and calm, a focus on togetherness and family rather than work and status, and a belief that material wealth and consumer products do not equal happiness. Rather, it is an intrinsic feeling that comes from leading a comforting life of self-care and well-being. Success, following hygge, is not defined via one material thing. Rather, success is about work-life balance, creativity, and productivity in your life, comfort, and happiness in your home.
It is an ideal introduction to the concept of hygge with added references to art of mindfulness which I have written lots about on my other blog. Available from Amazon for £10.85