Onling, the ultimate Danish Hygge clothing is an online shop full to the brim of all you would embrace in Hygge wear.
You immediately think natural exquisite materials which make you look and feel great.
Not only do they sell clothes but they also sell wool and run workshops and events ( although not very local for us Brits).
One particular class which has totally sold out and caught my eye was ‘knitting class for experienced knitters, learn to read English patterns’.
Onling say “We believe that the fashion industry needs to change by producing better products that last longer and are environmentally friendly.
At Önling we select fabrics that leave the smallest possible impact on the environment, as we know that a piece of clothing will not stand a chance of becoming the modern consumer’s favorite, if it is not responsibly produced.
We select the best, natural fabrics for our clothes. We only use organic cotton, we buy left-over fabrics – called deadstock – from other brands, and we incorporate sustainable fabrics like bamboo, Lyocell and fish leather into our limited collections. We only produce 200 pieces of each style, which means that you will get a unique product, when you buy Önling.
In addition to that, we have completely avoided plastic in our packaging, as we do not want to add to the plastic islands floating around in the pacific ocean. All our products are wrapped in recycled paper bags and even though this might sound like small thing, for us it is big. We have saved the environment for 70.000 polybags by now, and we are proud to take on this responsibility.”.
Lets hope others follow this lead and become as environmentally friendly as Onling.
See what the word hygge means on video…
This is a lovely infographic on simple ways to add hygge to your life and journal from Page Flutter
The Hygge Collection in illustrations from The Creative Market.
Both available from The Creative Market for 14$-15$.
How to Hygge in the morning during the weekend is a lovely graphic from Hello Peaceful Mind which is a beautiful site with links to Wellness, and how to achieve things in life.
10 ways to embrace summer the hygge way –
- Pick some flowers, my house doesn’t feel like home without a few fresh flowers in it. For best results, collect cut flowers in the morning when their stems are fully turgid and avoid picking during warm and sunny conditions as the plants will be water-stressed.
- Visit a flower show. There are lots of flower shows around the UK at the moment with the RHS Chatsworth Flower Show in full swing this week.
- Get cosy on your patio with a warm rug and cushions and look at the stars or visit the sight Go Stargazing to find a stargazing event near you.
- Get your toes wet by visiting the seaside or lake near you.
- Go and watch the sun go down. According to Hallmark Hotels, some of the best places to go and see the sun go down are Bournemouth Pier, Bournemouth. …The O2,London. …The River Severn, Stourport. …River Mersey, Liverpool. …Beetham Tower, Manchester. …Ely Cathedral, Cambridge. …and Misty Island, Loch Lomond.
- Enjoy a picnic and with friends or toast marshmallows on a campfire, this is the time for making memories and enjoying the warmth.
- Watch a wedding at your local church. There’s nothing more exciting than watching the bride arrive then leaving with her groom after the service. Don’t forget your camera.
- Don’t take the car get some exercise instead by exploring your local area by bicycle, and embrace the fresh air and family fun.
- Enjoy some ice-cream. Look out for the ice-cream van or visit an ice-cream parlour.
- Go strawberry picking as late June is the best time to pick the best strawberries ready for making some delicious homemade jam.