Here are my pick of 5 amazing stores for all you need in your home.
1. If you like Nordic cool,then Skandium is perfect for you. With great Danish and Swedish lifestyle products. It has an easy and user-friendly online presence which offers an even broader range of products than those found in store. Expensive products but very unique.
2. One of my absolute favourites the Conran shop. Sitting at the higher end of the spectrum, it is a fantastic place for finding gifts and furnishings, from quintessential brands to lesser-known boutique artisans.
3. Zara home, another favourite of mine and one I would always visit when in Spain to look for something not available in the U.K. It has achieved a clever fusion of Spanish chic and Nordic simplicity in a haven of whites and taupes. I’m really into linen table collections of which they have many and worth looking through.
4. The White Company – what can you not like about The White Company? I could spend all day on the website and run out of space to save items I want to buy. In particular, there gorgeous bedding range.
5. H&M Home who seem to cater for every trend. H&M Home also has great bedding and bathroom ranges all at very affordable prices.
I came across this wonderful site called ‘Our Lovely Goods‘, A family run business which came about when they started making body butter for their baby daughter in 2018 before branching out into soy-based candles to make their home feel snug. They enjoyed it so much that they launches ‘Our Lovely Goods’,the following year.
They are passionate about creating products that are good for you, your home and the environment – whilst being beautifully designed too.
They handcraft natural wax candles, botanical skincare and work with talented artisans in Nigeria to curate our collection of homewares. They are also passionate about promoting well being and exploring creativity through workshops and events.
They also have a Sweet Treat Gift Boxwhich has a choice of Madagascar 70% Dark Chocolate or Dominican 68% Dark Chocolate then you just choose your candle to go with it. It makes a great gift for any birthday or Christmas at £26 – some of their homeware is out of stock due to Covid but there is still plenty to choose from ready for the winter nights.
They explain what the difference is between a body butter and a body lotion – Body butters are rich and luxurious products, they have a thicker texture than a conventional lotion because they have a higher viscosity, therefor…READ MORE
The night’s are drawing in and we all just want to get cosy but the Covid-19 pandemic is still around us all so we need to keep our homes and clothes clean. At the same time we have all become even more aware over the last six months that we need to look after our planet and go green as much as possible.
Green Clean Your Home by Manfred Neuhold is a book on how we can clean everything without putting harmful chemicals down the drains, or breathe them indoors. It has 160 simple, natural-friendly recipes that work from stain removal to anti-mist window cleaners. You can even save money at the same time, and enjoy the creative satisfaction of making your own simple cleaning agents.
The chances are you will have most of these products already in your kitchen it’s just a case of mixing them. There are great pictures and recipes for everything including anti-flea carpet powder, fabric conditioner, scouring cream, toilet cleaner, floor polish, microwave cleaner, wine stain remover, lingeried handwash liquid, dishwasher powder ‘YES’ dishwasher powder, and lots lots more.
Not only does Austrian author Manfred Neuhold tell you what works, he explains in plain English WHY it works. Which means you can clean better. The recipes are easy to make and cleaned all surfaces around my home.
This book is bursting with ideas that will most definitely help towards saving this planet. We have become too used to buying our cleaning products ready made in small plastic bottles which we throw away when empty. Personally, if you do really want to help the planet then I would invest in some glass bottles with sprays and sticky labels so you can write on them clearly what is inside the bottle especially if you have some little ones around.